Things You Need to Know
We founded EQUITEST with one goal in mind: giving our customers a fair, rewarding and enjoyable experience. We conduct business according to the same values, knowing that better service equals loyal customers. Our store policies are detailed below, please have a look and contact us if you want to learn more!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By Entering any of the classes with EQUITEST® you agree to accept and abide by all Rules and Terms & Conditions set out by EQUITEST.co.uk
· Entries Open: On the 1st Day of each month.
· Closing Date: 30TH of each month at 4pm. After this time entries and videos cannot be accepted for the month in question and will automatically be included in the following months competition.
· Entry fees will not be refunded once an entry has been accepted.
· EQUITEST® reserves the right to refuse an entry without stating a reason.
- Postage is included in each entry purchase, via tracked courier. As such, Postage costs will be incurred for each class purchases and not per order in the event of multiple tests purchased at the same time.
· Videos of tests must be filmed within the current month of the EQUITEST® competition. All tests to be judged from C or as near as possible!
· Any rider of 18 years of age and under must have parental permission to enter
· EQUITEST® take no responsibility for any injury occurred to either horse or rider or any person / animal whilst recording their video entry. You are riding at your own risk. Correct riding attire and appropriate protective wear MUST be worn for each relevant discipline.
· Copyright laws must be adhered to when submitting any video footage or photographs or printed material. EQUITEST® will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result of infringement of copyright laws by any competitor.
· Judges decisions are final.
· No communication or discussion will be entered into by EQUITEST®, any of its representatives or the judges involved. Any objection or appeal regarding a score must be made in writing within 24 hours of the test being judged and be accompanied by a non-refundable fee of £25.
· Very rarely mistakes may be made with calculating percentages, please ensure we are notified by email within 24 hours of receipt of your test sheet and we will endeavour to rectify any errors.
· Rosettes will be awarded overall for each class as stated in the prizes information. If there are any equal placings then equal prizes will be given.
RIDER WEAR, TACK & TURNOUT
Rider Dress Code for all EquiTest Classes:
· Protective riding hats must be worn and up to current safety standards with a BSI Kite Mark in addition to the following standards; British – All PAS 015, European – VG1, EN1384 – 2017, American – SEI ASTM F1163 04a onwards and SNELL E2001 and E2016, Australian & New Zealand – AS/NZS 3838 2003 onwards. Must always be correctly fastened whilst mounted. Incorrect headgear will lead to elimination.
Suitable footwear designed for riding must be worn for safety reasons. Short riding boots may be worn with gaiters or half chaps of any colour. Fringed gaiters/chaps are allowed.
· We recommend smart casual attire, but hacking/show jackets are optional.
· Gloves can be worn. Any colour is allowed.
· Body protectors may be worn.
· Spurs and a whip may also be used.
Horse Turnout for all EQUITEST® Classes:
· No need to plait.
· Any bit and running martingales are allowed.
· Side reins, draw reins, or any other similar training aids are forbidden.
· Bitless bridles are allowed.
· Neck straps or balancing straps (a loop on the front of the saddle) are permitted for all Classes.
· Ear covers and fly hoods are allowed but must not cover the horse’s eyes. Nose nets and fly masks are permitted.
· Any saddle permitted.
· Boots, bandages, overreach boots allowed
· Anything you’re not sure about then just ask by emailing email@example.com
All BD Test Classes Must comply wit BD Tack Rules
• All BD Test Classes must be run in accordance with BD rules
• All tack and equipment must be fully compliant with BD regulations for BD Test Classes
• Scores will not be recorded or count towards any future qualification with BD
• Submission of pre-judged tests is not permitted for competition purposes
• All tests must be filmed from the judges position at C
• All tests must be filmed with sound; no external coaching permitted
At the end of each month the dressage competition results will be added to the EquiTest Results page on the website http://www.????
The highest dressage score in each section wins. In the event of a tie the highest collective mark will determine the placing. Equal Collectives = Equal Placing.
Prize boxes will be posted out to you as soon as all results have been completed at the end of each month.
Prizes for all Sections Foundation, Juniors, Newcomers, Restricted, Open & Unlimited are:
PRIZES ARE DISTRIBUTED IN LINE WITH THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION IN EACH CLASS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSTAL DELAYS AND STRIKES. PLEASE WORK WITH US ON THIS SHOULD YOU EXPERIENCE A DELAY AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP.
Trust Us with Your Information
Identity and contact details
Our designated statutory authority under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the Information Commissioner’s Office. We are based in the United Kingdom.
The individual in charge of Data Protection within EQUITEST® is CLAIRE MARIE SENIOR. E-mail THE.EQUITEST@GMAIL.COM to contact CLAIRE MARIE SENIOR. Call our main line 07739973656 to contact us by telephone.
What data we collect
We capture information on the individuals who register for and purchase our services:
Telephone number (optional)
Date of birth
What we do with this information
The lawful reason that we use to process this data is in order to fulfil our obligations to you, the customer when you use our service and for:
Internal record keeping
To keep you informed on the status of your entry
To improve our service
To tailor marketing and promotional information sent to you.
When you purchase an entry from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We may upload our member’s details to social media platforms, to find individuals with a similar profile to our members, which will allow us to advertise our services to these individuals. The lawful reason we use to process this data is legitimate interest.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you have an account, to enable you to view your full competition record.
We keep an audit trail of when and how we capture this data.
We keep an audit trail of when and how we process data relating to individuals.
Other information on what we do with data
We store and process data for which we act as Data Controllers in the United Kingdom.
We do not share information, for which we act as Data Controllers, to any third-parties.
How we look after data and security
We take reasonable technical and procedural precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of personal data.
We store the personal data that we collect securely. We do not publish the details of the safeguards we use to protect personal data that we control as this could reduce the effectiveness of those safeguards.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect information about which pages you visit, and how long for. This information is used to track use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Controlling your personal information
If you have agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time:
Update your preferences and opt-out by following the unsubscribe link contained in the e-mails you receive
Or update your profile settings on our website.
EQUITEST® recognises the rights of data subjects as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will always seek to uphold those rights and you can contact us at THE.EQUITEST@GMAIL.COM with regards to the following:
Your right to be informed (this page and further information in communications we might send to you)
Your right of access
Your right to rectification
Your right of erasure (right to be forgotten)
If you want us to stop communicating with you, please consider opting out of communications with us instead of asking us to erase your data. You can update your My Profile page on our website.
Your right to data portability.